Friday, January 28, 2011

How do you feel about nudity between parent/child of the same gender?

Today, I was laying out on my back patio sunbathing nude. No one was home but my stepdaughter, she was 6 and sat out there with me and decided to sunbathe nude as well and I thought it was so cute and had no trouble. I mentioned it to my mom and she said if someone had seen they might have called the law because it may have looked perverted. Personally, I feel nothing about it is wrong. I don't believe nudity equals sex and anyone who does is perverted and sick.

I have showered and changed in front of my stepdaughter before. Its not like I parade myself nude around my house but I feel its perfectly alright because we are both females and nothing is being done that is wrong. I know some ultra conservatives think this is just horrible and shouldn't be done.

Although, generally only Americans feel its wrong anyhow, Europeans do this sort of think often and don't blink an eye because of the better education and they know nudity do sent equal sex.

I was just trying to get an opinion? I do not think nudity harms.

Also our patio is enclosed and no one can see back there.

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

I don't consider nudity a problem at all, whether between parent/child of the same sex, or opposite sex. I don't equate nudity with sex so I don't have that weighing on me in the first place. In the second place, I have a profoundly disabled son, whose intelligent and aware, but physically very disabled. He needs to have assistance with toileting, bathing and dressing, so when it needs to be done either my husband or I do it, and there's nothing at all untoward going on. Nudity is not harmful to anyone.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what you did, however you need to consider that your stepdaughters biological mother may not agree (if she's in the picture of course), and you do need to consider and respect her feelings in the matter if that's the case.

I do think also though that if a child starts to become uncomfortable with nudity, either him/herself or in those around them, that needs to be respected too. Like, if my children told me they didn't want me coming in the bathroom/bedroom while they were bathing or dressing anymore, I would stop immediately.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100404203805AAd2WSa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...